How to maximise your sales price… Getting the most for your property is surely what we all want? If you speak to an estate...
How to maximise your sales price…
Getting the most for your property is surely what we all want?
If you speak to an estate agent they’ll tell you:
1. We provide excellent marketing – that’ll help! – Surely that’s a given?
2. We’ll manage the process smoothly from start to finish – That’s your job?
3. We’ll negotiate with the buyer to get you the best price – Really?
The best way to get the most for a property at any given time is to generate as much interest as possible. That’s why we always try and have an open house, so we can get as many buyers as possible competing against each other to get the best price. A mini-auction will always generate higher offers.
What’s also important is to present your house in the best way. It’s often difficult for buyers to see beyond an issue, if the decor is old and tatty – they might not see the house’s potential or over-estimate the refurb price and reduce their offer.
I’d always make sure a house is clean and tidy, smells fresh and if possible re-decorate. These things aren’t too difficult or expensive and will mean your house will sell more quickly or you’ll achieve a higher asking price.
None of this is rocket science but a little advice could make you £’000’s more.
See the video below of a cheap refurb we did, on a £65k house, so we couldn’t spend too much, and a few features we added for next to nothing.
Remember it’s our job to generate you long term wealth from property!
For any sales, lettings or refurb help:
- Contact us today by phone or email to move your property to us.
- We’ll contact your letting agent to ensure a seamless tenant transfer, including the deposit, keys and all paperwork.
- We’ll contact your tenant to resolve any rent, maintenance or refurbishment issues you have, arranging a property visit if required.
- We’ll begin the process of maximising your income and wealth.