What is Bomb Proofing? It’s basically making sure your property lasts – Have you ever noticed a rental property seems to incur more wear...
What is Bomb Proofing?
It’s basically making sure your property lasts – Have you ever noticed a rental property seems to incur more wear & tear than your residential home?
The main reason will be that you need to keep on top of a set of jobs. My Mrs is forever giving me stuff to do – from fixing a leaking tap, mowing the lawn to touching up a bit of paintwork. In all honesty, I think she’s handier than me but keeping on top of a house is a continual job.
Sometimes though in rented properties these jobs don’t get done – the scuff marks aren’t cleaned off walls, the house isn’t treated with the same level of respect – so it’s best to think of ways to future proof your property. This will help to prevent damage, hide wear & tear or ensure the fixtures and fittings last longer by using more hard-wearing products.
Over the years we’ve developed a few tricks to prevent damage and these are mostly because we see the same problems week in week out.
- Dirty handrails – we paint them grey to match the paintwork to hide dirt better
- Damaged plasterwork from door handles – we fit doorstops as standard
- Damage around windows from curtain poles – we add a wooden baton to screw into
- Missing bits from white goods – record the make and model number to make it easier to order replacements
This means when your tenant does move out, unfortunately, they always do, you’ll have less to spend when turning the property around since you’ve prevented some of the damage before you even started. Wouldn’t it be great to have less work to do and to spend less between tenancies?
See, our top tips from my brother Chris, who looks after the refurbs:
The aim of owning property is ultimately to make money and the best way to do this is to have a good quality property that is well maintained between tenancies.
REMEMBER: It’s our job to make you money from the property!
For any sales, lettings or refurb help:
- Contact us today by phone or email to move your property to us.
- We’ll contact your letting agent to ensure a seamless tenant transfer, including the deposit, keys and all paperwork.
- We’ll contact your tenant to resolve any rent, maintenance or refurbishment issues you have, arranging a property visit if required.
- We’ll begin the process of maximising your income and wealth.