Is Your Bathroom Bombproofed? You might think we go a bit over the top in preventing damage to properties, but if you’re investing long...
Is Your Bathroom Bombproofed?
You might think we go a bit over the top in preventing damage to properties, but if you’re investing long term why wouldn’t you?
If you’re going to be in this game for 10-20 years, you’ll hopefully see your house price double (£100k+ gain) and also take home £5k – £10k a year. You’re now talking about serious money £200k+, why wouldn’t you do everything you can to make that £200k pot of gold?
The problem is you’re loaning a house to a tenant and hoping they’ll treat it like you’d treat your own home. Have you ever gone into a property post-tenancy and wondered if a mould bomb had hit the bathroom.
You’ll often find condensation and signs of damp in a bathroom because there’s lots of water moisture in the air. This can damage, skirting and paintwork and mean you have to spend money redecorating. You could blame the tenant for this but sometimes it’s hard to prevent, if you don’t have an extractor fan how do you expect to remove damp from the air? If you know ceilings and walls are susceptible to damp why paint them?
That’s where bomb proofing your bathroom comes in. We always:
- Put in an extractor fan activated by the light or moisture in the air (to save you money long term).
- Plastic clad the ceiling so it can be wiped down between tenancies.
Wouldn’t it be a great feeling that once you inspect your property between tenancies you don’t have that sinking feeling in your stomach?
“How much is this going to cost me now?”
That’s why you need to bombproof your properties, see our video below for some great ideas.
I hope you found this interesting and can see the benefit of protecting your property long term.
Remember – It’s our job to maximise your wealth from property.
For any sales, lettings or refurb help:
- Contact us today by phone or email to move your property to us.
- We’ll contact your letting agent to ensure a seamless tenant transfer, including the deposit, keys and all paperwork.
- We’ll contact your tenant to resolve any rent, maintenance or refurbishment issues you have, arranging a property visit if required.
- We’ll begin the process of maximising your income and wealth.