A couple of refurb tips which will cost you next to nothing… A lot of rental properties in the North-East can look the same,...
A couple of refurb tips which will cost you next to nothing…
A lot of rental properties in the North-East can look the same, especially if they’re terraced, with two or three bedrooms, a lounge, kitchen and bathroom. Especially in areas where there are lots of rental properties.
That’s why you need to get your property to stand out, not with a £10k bathroom and roll-top bath or a luxury kitchen, but with a couple of cheap tricks. Ultimately you need to get a return on the money you spend and that’s where a couple of simple tips come in:
- We love feature walls on fireplaces, you often get these in lounges and the main bedroom. By adding some colour to the fireplace you can make the room really stand out to a tenant.
- Light shades are the smallest dressing you can do to a room, but adding a chic light shade can help bring it to life.
- Upgrading the handles on doors and kitchen cupboards. Spending a little bit more money on a handle pack can make a house look far better.
These little things won’t cost you a lot but could mean you let your property quicker, saving you £100’s, and we may also be able to get you a little bit more rent since your property will stand out when compared to similar houses.
Chris, who heads up our refurb department, did a video with a couple of these tips, see below:
Remember it’s our job to GENERATE YOU LONG-TERM WEALTH FROM PROPERTY!
For any sales, lettings or refurb help:
- Contact us today by phone or email to move your property to us.
- We’ll contact your letting agent to ensure a seamless tenant transfer, including the deposit, keys and all paperwork.
- We’ll contact your tenant to resolve any rent, maintenance or refurbishment issues you have, arranging a property visit if required.
- We’ll begin the process of maximising your income and wealth.