Landlording is all about problem solving… Being a landlord isn’t easy you’re faced with multiple problems on a weekly basis. You can be asked...
Landlording is all about problem solving…
Being a landlord isn’t easy you’re faced with multiple problems on a weekly basis.
- You can be asked to be a social worker, helping a tenant through a personal circumstance.
- A plumber, fixing a leaking tap or boiler.
- Or a general builder trying to problem solve some issue with the tenant.
It takes a long time to develop these skills and that’s why I don’t think it’s easy to be a landlord.
The biggest problems we often find in property relate to damp and condensation. These mostly relate to how houses are built these days, with double glazing and central heating causing condensation, through sealing in water vapour. We often find other damp issues and rather than a getting damp specialist it’s always best do an initial problem solving exercise around the area you’ve found.
Penetrating damp is often caused by guttering, missing tiles or pointing. It’s where water has found its way into your property and is causing damage to paintwork and plaster. The first place to start is to examine the outside area around the damp patch and see if you can find the underlying cause.
Chris, our senior property manager, found an interesting damp problem, see our video below, on how he solved it at NO COST to the landlord.
As you see Chris resolved the issue by simply clearing some moss from the gutter, re-aligning a down pipe and getting the tenant to use some anti-fungal paint.
It’s our job not to spend your money BUT to SAVE IT!
That’s what your letting agent should be doing on a weekly basis.
For any sales, lettings or refurb help:
- Contact us today by phone or email to move your property to us.
- We’ll contact your letting agent to ensure a seamless tenant transfer, including the deposit, keys and all paperwork.
- We’ll contact your tenant to resolve any rent, maintenance or refurbishment issues you have, arranging a property visit if required.
- We’ll begin the process of maximising your income and wealth.